Academia needs to go beyond, make the next step and start to cultivate and encourage skills for the millennium. Our teachers and our students need to belong to a learning community, sharing ideas, moving forward, being empowered. India We Want series started as an academic activity within the framework of contests to cultivate students’ creative skills. The activity was enthusiastically accepted by teachers and students. This was evident in the nationwide participation from schools and colleges.
A debate is a sport which trains one’s analytical, critical, and quick thinking, persuasive speaking, note-taking, speed reading, and in-depth research. Debate not only teaches a person how to win an argument but also helps develop in a person essential communication skills.
This year CII is organizing the fourth edition of the ‘‘Debate Competition’’ to bring together sharpest young minds from the Academia from different cities who will compete on thought-provoking topics.
Mr. Ninad Karpe, Chairman, CII India We Want & Partner, 100X.VC
Ms. Kashmira Mewawala, Head, Business Development & Chief Ethics Counselor, Tata Capital
Ms. Kalpana Unadkat, Partner, Khaitan & Co
Ms. Komal Lath, Founder, Tute Consult
Ms. Geetika Kambli, Managing Partner, Future Factory
Ms. Mitu Samar, CEO, Eminence
Mr. Amit Sheth, Co Chairman and Director Aurionpro Solutions Limited
Mr. Sanjiv Saraff, Joint Managing Director, BOB Capital Markets Ltd
Dr. Mohan Rao, Professor & Associate Dean (EC), IESMCRC
Mr. Rohitash Gupta, CFO, e-clerx
Mr. Vikram Kharvi, Vice President, Integrated Market Communications, Adfactors
- 2 participants in each team.
- Registration fees: Rs500/- per team.
- While registration teams need to make sure that they register under their age and language category only
- After registration, teams will receive topics from CII Debate Team.
- Each team will have to prepare 1 minute video for the topic they select.
- One participant of the team will speak for motion and second participant will speak against the motion.
- Videos submitted after 20th November and more than 1 minute will be automatically disqualified.
- Do not forget to mention your email id, mobile number, and college/ school/ university name.
- 15th November last date for registration.
- 20th November last date for video submission.
- 10th December announcement of semi-finalists.
- 16th December Semi-final and Finale
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering industry, Government, and civil society, through advisory and consultative processes.